Thursday, April 12, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Indie Love - Moonflower Polish and Fab Ur Nails

Hey there!  Today I'm continuing The Digit-al Dozen's Indie Love with two more indie brands that I truly adore.  Moonflower Polish is a relatively new brand (just over a year old) started by Nadia of Mama Hearts Polish.  She took her love of stamping all the way into actually making polish, mainly stamping polish.  Having attempted to make exactly two polish at Indie Expo Canada last year, I can tell you that that's true dedication!  Most of her polishes are meant to stamp but I also love using them as base polish which I did here.  Over that I stamped with a Fab Ur Nails plate, a brand from the Philippines run by another lovely lady, Johanne.  Her plates have always been flawless for me so I really wanted to include them this week as well.



The base for these used Moonflower Polish's Spring Holos, released last month (previously reviewed here).  I first started with a coat of her Silver polish and then did a random gradient with Tortuga, Mariposa, Crepuscolo, Amapola.  I love that she often uses Spanish names.  It really makes me feel like I'm learning a bit while I do my nails.  I know almost all my color names in Spanish now, thanks to her original cremes collection!  



The stamping is from what is probably my favourite Fab Ur Nails plate, FUN 13.  Seriously, I use this plate often enough that I didn't even have to refer to my notes to see what number is was.  It's out of stock right now but I hope she brings it back.  Here's the link to it, in case it ever returns.  


Since these base colors are holographic, I tried taking a direct light photo but I'm just terrible at catching holo effects.  You can see some of the sparkle here so you'll have to use your imagination a little to get how holo they really are.


That's the end of day 4 for the DD theme this month.  Swing by the the other ladies' blogs in the links below!

'Til next time...

No comments: