Friday, November 10, 2017

Whats Up Nails Geo-Radical and Mandala Blossoms Stamping Plate Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  So I've gone from no blog posts in a week to two in one day!  But I couldn't wait any longer to share these designs using a couple of Whats Up Nails stamping plates any longer.  This is the post I've been meaning to share for days.  I got to play with the the Geo-Radical (B015) and the Mandala Blossoms (A008) plates.  I have to be honest; normally I'm not in love with either geometric nor mandala nails.  Or rather I should say that when the themes come up in challenge prompts, that I have problems coming up with designs I like.  BUT I really loved these plates, especially the Geo-Radical plate!  The etching is amazing, as it always is with Whats Up Nails plates and the designs are really fun!  Hopefully you'll like what I did with them too...keep reading to see what I used!  



$7.75 USD
6 x 12 cm stamping plate (15 x 21 mm images)



My first mani was inspired by my city's beloved hockey team with their orange, blue and white colors.  I did some advanced stamping with Dance Legend 305 and Glitter Gal Tart Yourself Up over Sinful Colors Snow Me White.



Next I did some gradient stamping with Essie Good As Gold, Blue Rhapsody and Nothing Else Metals over a black base.  I just realized it probably looks more like black stamping over a gradient but, nope, it's the opposite!  So you could have have glittery lines if you wanted.  


$7.75 USD
6 x 12 cm stamping plate


My first mandala mani used one of the many pretty polishes from Tonic Polish as the base.  It's One Million Flowers and, if you see this in a destash anywhere, get it.  It's gorgeous!  Over that I stamped in Mundo de Unas Black and then did some leadlighting with Esmaltes Da Kelly Soap Bubbles Soft Rosa, Azul, Roxo, Verde and Laranja. 




And, finally, I did some easy peasy one color stamping and one color base with Maybelline Bold Gold over Colours by Llarowe Emerald Illusion.  Unfortunately the stamping hides the shift of the base but this is another polish you should get in a destash if you can.  


Well that's all for today.  I really do like these stamping plates, for both design and quality.  If you're interested in these, you might also like any of Whats Up Nails other stamping plates (which can be found here).  I've used quite a few of their plates and their etching is always spot on.  There's even some new winter plates available!

Available at What's Up Nails

'Til next time...

No comments: