Monday, October 9, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Throwback - Throwback Thanksgiving Nails

Hey there!  It's time for this month's Digit-al Dozen theme...hooray!  This month our theme is "Throwback".  I had a blast with it since I felt like it could be interpreted in so many different ways.  I started by doing a throwback mani.  Since today is Canadian Thanksgiving, I thought I could redo the Thanksgiving nails I posted the very first year of my blog.  I think this year's turned out better.



Here's my very first Thanksgiving mani, from 2013.  In that post I did say I should've used a lighter base so you could see the images better so I made that change for this year's version.  I also made a few other changes.


This time I used FUN Lacquer Burnin' Up (H) for the base and topped it with the same red and gold glitter as before - Chaos & Crocodiles Fireside Nights (which I still LOVE).  


I used the same stamping images as before (Bundle Monster BM-210, BM-H11 and Winstonia W119) but this time I transferred straight from the stamper instead of making decals so the turkey and the pumpkin are reversed.  The images were filled with Sally Hansen Rapid Red, Pumpkin Queen, Lightening, In Nude-tral and Mint Sprint.  


The final difference between this year's Thanksgiving mani and 2013's is that this time I finished with a matte top coat (KBShimmer Oh Matte!)  


It was really fun to redo this mani of mine from years ago.  I think I might start doing this more often!  

Finally, Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends!  I hope you all had a great family and turkey-filled weekend!  We had our family dinner on Friday after work so I had the whole weekend to just chill.  

'Til next time...


No comments: