Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Throwback - Throwback Videogame

Hey there!  For today's Digit-al Dozen "throwback" mani I decided to go with something that I have spent many, many hours of my life on - Super Mario Bros.  I swear I wasted my half my childhood on this game, between versions 1-3.  And then more hours on in with versions for the Wii.  My niece still likes to play the newer one when she visits.  I even got bored enough this weekend that I tried the original one again - I died very quickly!



I did some googling and I'm certainly not the first to do a Super Mario Bros-inspired mani.  I highly suggesting typing "Super Mario Bros nails" into your google bar and checking out the image results.  There's some amazing ones!  


Mine used Picture Polish Swagger as a base (Mario and Luigi have a bit of swagger in them, don't they?) and then freehanded the rest with acrylic paint.  I finished with a bit of KBShimmer Oh Matte! top coat and was good to go.  


Now that I'm thinking about it, I should've played a round of the game with this on my nails.  And taken a picture, of course!  


I'm loving how the other girls are interpreting the theme so far.  You can see what they've come up with today in the links below.

'Til next time...



No comments: