Friday, October 13, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Throwback - Throwback Prompt

Press  Sample

Hey there!  For the fifth and final Throwback of the Digit-al Dozen theme this week, I've thrown back to one of our old themes.  I went back through all the themes we've had since I joined in January 2015 and decided I wanted to tackle Geometric again.  It's a prompt I often have issues with.  But this time I had some Stained Glass Stencils from Whats Up Nails which made it much more bearable!



$3.75 USD
12 stencils (22 x 28 mm)

I'm a big fan of Whats Up Nails stencils and these were no exception.  The middle bits removed easily and the stencil had just the right amount of stickiness to stay on the nail without pulling up the base.


I used all A England polishes here.  They're really opaque and creamy so you don't need to go over the same place on a stencils more than once.  The base is Camelot (probably the polish I've gone through more bottles of than any other).  I stencils were filled with Saint George, Perceval and Avalon.  Avalon is the only one I haven't had to buy a second bottle of if that tells you about how much I love A England.  


Even though the A Englands are so opaque, some of them did dry before getting the stencils up so there were places I needed to go back in black and fix up.  Then I finished with HK Girl top coat.  


Like I said, I can't recommend their stencils enough.  They're really superb.  Below, you can find the links to Whats Up Nails store and social media pages.  And even further down you can find the rest of the DD ladies' final Throwback designs.  

Available at What's Up Nails

'Til next time...



No comments: