Friday, September 1, 2017

UberChic Beauty Lovely Leaves 02, Halloween 03 and Zombie Love 02

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Yesterday I showed you guys UberChic Beauty's latest collection of stamping plates (Collection 20) and today I have the rest of the new release.  She's really on the ball this year so we have new Lovely Leaves, Halloween and Zombie Love plates early enough that there's lots of time to play with them this fall.  It felt a bit strange to be doing Halloween nails in August so I tried to keep it a bit more generic.  Plus it goes to show that we can all be pulling out our Halloween plates year round!




I don't know for sure but I bet Lovely Leaves 01 was one of UberChic Beauty's most popular plates ever.  She's back with a second version that is bound to also be well-loved.  I think my favourite thing about fall is that I get to break out the autumnal polishes and do fall leaves/tree manis.  Actually it might be the only thing I like about fall!  This plate has leaf images of all styles.  There's even a few tropical ones this year which will make this plate really useful for summer and vacation manis as well.  And there's lots of layering images.  I'm kicking myself for not using one of those yet.  They could be stunning.  



For these I used Zoya Hunter and Ziv and stamped the leaf images with Hit The Bottle To Have and To Gold or Mundo de Unas Military Green.  That was topped with OPI matte top coat.  It's green so it's not quite fall-like but there's gold which is.  It's a transitional mani!



For these I used my fall-in-a-bottle flakies polish, ILNP Glory over Overnight Bag.  The negative space leaves were stamped with Hit The Bottle Taupe-lessly Devoted and finished with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.  




UberChic always comes out with great Halloween images and this one is no exception.  Check out those layering jack o'lanterns in the upper right.  That's gonna be handy!  Other than that, there's skulls and candy and ghosts and cats, etc - everything that reminds me of Halloween.  


 

I'm absolutely in love with how these turned out.  I used Madam Glam Vivid Purple with Whats Up Nails Aurora Pigment (reviewed here) and used the cool layered eyeball-splatter image with Messy Mansion Carbon and Chalk and Mundo de Unas Avocado.  I seriously think these are cool!  



I also think this one is super cool but more in a rocker way.  I used Madam Glam Souvenirs (previously reviewed here) and KBShimmer Eclipse and Orly Silver Pixel.   The stamping was done with Mundo de Unas Black or Dark Grey and topped with OPI matte top coat.  Don't you love that skull image on my ring finger.  It fits just right!  




Last we have Zombie Love 02.  The Zombie Love plates are mainly Walking Dead homages but with quite a bit of non-WD imagery as well.  Since I work in a neurobiology lab, I love that I can wear brains on my nails!  



I really am a Walking Dead fan so I definitely needed to do one mani that was like the TV show.  For these I used Girly Bits Irreplacable sponged with a bit of Kokie Cosmetics Dark Room.  I did the stamping with Girly Bits Fire Engine Red and Little Black Dress and topped with OPI matte top coat.  



For my second design, I went with something much brighter and less grim...at least if you work in a lab, you won't find biohazard symbols grim.  They're kind of the norm.  I went with a green gradient of Colors by Llarowe Radioactive (yes, I should've used the radioactivity symbols from this plate but I like the biohazard ones more), Pretty Serious Hack The Halls and CND Vinylux Serene Green.  I stamped with Mundo de Unas Black and topped with HK Girl.   


That's all for the most recent UberChic Beauty releases.  If you're interested in these plates, they're all currently available on the UberChic website.  I would recommend grabbing the ones you like now.  The more seasonal plates do have a tendency to sell out once we get closer to the season.

$14.99/plate
Available at UberChic Beauty

'Til next time...

No comments: