Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Lilypad Lacquer Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I have a swatches of three polishes from the Australian indie brand, Lilypad Lacquer.  I've done reviews of this brand before through an U.S. stockist but, this time, the lovely Nicole herself contacted me to ask if I'd be willing to review a few of her polishes.  Since I've loved the other ones I've been able to try, of course I said yes!  Lilypad Lacquer is a 5-free, hand-mixed, cruelty-free polish with a wide variety of finishes.  I've tried flakies and holos personally and they've been wonderful.  The ones I've tried for today's posts are all holographics that are also gorgeous.  Keep reading to see all kinds of photos.


It was a weekend when I was able to swatch during the day when it was nice and sunny so I was able to take photos in full sunlight, shade and indoors.  If you follow my blog at all, you'll know that's rare since I usually only get to do my nail fun in the evening.  I'm so glad I got to take sunlight photos of these since that's where they really shine.  The photos are will direct sunlight, outdoor shade and indoor artificial light with daylight bulbs.


Vivid magenta holo

Sunlight without top coat
Beet This is such a bright holographic, bordering on neon.  I wish I could show you just how saturated this color is in real life.  My notes say it is "bright, juicy and awesome".  The formula is easy.  This is two coats.  However, it should be noted that top coat does dull the holo and also brightens the color even more.  The first three photos here are without top coat, the next three are with top coat.  The other two shades I'm reviewing today were not affected by top coat.  

Shade without top coat

Indoor direct light without top coat

Here is Beet This with HK Girl top coat.  

Sunlight with top coat

Shade with top coat

Indoor artificial light with top coat

Bright yellow holo

Sunlight
 Galliano is such a bright yellow holographic.  I don't think I have anything like this in my collection.  Application-wise, this one is pretty sheer.  This level of coverage required four coats.  Application was easy but I do wish it was more opaque.  However the holo in this one is the strongest of the three I tried for today's post and maybe that is because of the more sheer formula.
 
Shade

Indoor artificial light

Eggplant holo

Sunlight
 Night Shade is a dark eggplant holo, falling somewhere between brown and purple.  It's such a vampy color.  Application-wise, the first coat seemed sheer but two coats was all it needed to deepen and darken the color.  Shown here is two coats plus HK Girl top coat.
Shade

Indoor artificial light
Of the three reviewed today, Beet This is definitely my favourite.  You don't usually see holos so bright and I love it.  But I strongly suggest checking out her entire selection, not just the small selection I'm showing here.  You can find her links below.  

$11/7 mL
$20/ 15 mL
Available at Lilypad Lacquer

'Til next time...


No comments: