Wednesday, June 29, 2016

UberChic Beauty Mandala Love Stamping Plate Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  It's Wednesday night and this is the first chance I've gotten to sit down and blog today.  I feel like I've been so busy that I've been neglecting my little space on the internet but hopefully I can start making more time soon.  With summer here, it means ultimate season and lake time so I don't get much free time but I promise that all my time has been going to my nails.  Now I just need to make time to crop some photos!  Okay now that my apology is out of the way, I have a review of UberChic Beauty's pretty new plate, Mandala Love for you today.  Lately, mandalas are all the rage - whether its in coloring books or in other forms of art so isn't it nice that we can stamp them on our nails too?  For my review I did two very different manis and I loved them both.  Keep reading for all the details.




Here is a scan of Mandala Love.  For those of you who don't stalk all-things-stamping like me, UberChic has recently started coming out with these "mini" plates.  In this case, mini just means smaller than her usual size which is still the average size (or larger) for many other brands.  Each mini plate measures 6 x 12 cm and the images fall into a general theme.  She started with these plates for themes which she didn't feel she could make an entire large plate of but that she had ideas for that she didn't want to go to waste, lucky for us!  UberChic Beauty's images are amongst the largest on the market with the full size nail images measuring 17 x 21 mm.  This plate also has one double-wide image and a few calming smaller images along the bottom.  Honestly just looking at this scan of the plate is making me chill out a bit tonight.  The images I used stamped great.  As you'll see in my macro's below, I had a few tiny gaps in my images but that's so normal for me.  UberChic's etching is really as good as it gets so don't let my imperfect stamping technique fool you.


For my first mani using this plate, I wanted to use a few polishes from Pretty Serious' latest Pet Names release which I luckily snagged in their first pre-order.  I used Peachie Poo, Fluffykins and Cutie Patootie in a gradient and then stamped the double image using Mundo de Unas White.  



I used a clear stamper for the stamping and I do find that they don't pick up quite as well as a traditional stamper so I do have a few gaps in the image but not enough to bother me in real life.  If only macros were slightly more forgiving...


For my second mani, I went with a simple one color-one image design.  I used Nire's Desire Namaste (possibly just because the name fit the plate theme so well) and stamped with Mundo de Unas Bronze.  I gotta say, this one looks pretty regal to me.  I felt like royalty!  



And here's the macro of this one.  The bronze picked up a bit better than the white.  And my centering wasn't half bad either!  


That's about all I can say about this new UberChic Beauty release.  If you're a fan of the mandala trend, I recommend giving this plate a try.  While you're at it, have a look at UberChic's XL Clear Stamper.  It comes with a holder ring now and really does make image placement a breeze!  Don't forget to check out UberChic Beauty on social media for all the latest news and tons of mani ideas.  

$7.99/plate
Available at UberChic Beauty

'Til next time...

No comments: