Monday, May 9, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Whimsy - Mermaids

Hey there!  It's time for a new Digit-al Dozen week and we have a doozy of a theme - Whimsy.  I can't even tell you how much time I spent googling what whimsy could mean and never really got a satisfying answer.  But I settled on it meaning anything playful, fun or odd so I did a bit of everything this week.  I couldn't get mythical creatures out of my head when I thought of whimsy so I did a lot of them starting with today's mermaids.  I never get sick of mermaid nail art and I went all out on these ones...glitter with lots of stamping and bling!  It's maybe a bit much but I'm rarely one for subtlety.



I want to start with a swatch of the base color (Femme Fatale Maze of Mirros) just because it is so freakin' pretty.  I used to always share base swatch photos.  I've gotten really lazy lately when it comes to just getting up and taking a pic of polishes on their own but this one was worth the walk to my light box.  I recently purchased a few Femme Fatale polishes from Color4Nails (hooray for cheap shipping to Canada) and they've all been gorgeous enough to reinvigorate my love for Femme Fatale.  This is only two coats and glitter and shimmer.  It's definitely one of the coolest polishes I've seen in awhile.  



Before stamping I added a gradient with Femme Fatale Jewels of the Deep (a darker green sparkly polish) but the gradient got lost in everything I put on top of it starting with the three layers of stamping. The gold scales were done using Messy Mansion MM21 and Mundo de Unas Bronze.  The mermaids and merman are from MM21, CZ03 and Winstonia W217.  There was another one from Bundle Monster BM-510 on my thumb but I guess she didn't really make it into the photos.  I also stamped a few bubbles from MoYou London Sailor 08.   


After top coating the stamping I added a bunch of bling of Swarovski crystals, half pearls and gold seashells.



Well I hope that's a whimsical enough start to the latest Digit-al Dozen week.  It's definitely sparkly, if nothing else!  I can't wait to see how everyone else has interpreted this theme.  I think it's going to be an interesting week.

'Til next time...

No comments: