Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Gradient+: Glitter Gradient

Hey there!  It's the middle of this month's Digit-al Dozen Gradient+ week.  In my quest to do different types of gradients, for today I did a glitter gradient (the cleanest of all gradient types, in my opinion).  For the + factor, I added some stamping and Swarovski crystals.  I think I ended up covering too much of my nail with glitter so I lost some of the gradient effect  but hopefully you can see what I was going for...



Since my naked nails aren't pretty at all, I started with OPI's Barre My Soul for a naked-ish base.  For the glitter, I first used a homemade glitter/clear polish mix that I made with a silver holo glitter that was crazy popular at Halloween a couple of years ago.  Then I used Essie Set In Stone (silver) and A Cut Above (pink) to complete my glitter gradient.  


For the + stamping, I used Marianne Nails 60 and Mundo de Unas White and then added a Topaz Swarovski crystal to the centre of the flowers to finish it off. 


And to end, who doesn't love glitter macros?


Don't forget to check out the links below to see what midweek mani's the rest of the Digit-al Dozen have done for us.

'Til next time...



No comments: