Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Spring: UberChic Beauty Yay Spring! Stamping Plate

Hey there!  I'm totally cheating with today's Digit-al Dozen Spring Week post and using it to share the manis I did using UberChic Beauty's Yay Spring! stamping plate.  They're all spring-themed so it's kinda like getting a three-for-one...at least that's how I'm justifying.  Honestly I had a different mani planned to post today but since I didn't have any florals in my Spring Week plans, I felt left out and wanted to include some spring flowers in my Digit-al Dozen manis.  So now I have flowers and Easter eggs today!




To start with, here is the scan of the UberChic Beauty Yay Spring! plate.  This plate measures 9.5 x 14.5 cm with the full nail images measuring 17 x 21 mm.  There's plenty of Easter (both secular and non-secular) and spring imagery on this plate.  There's definitely something for everybody, in my opinion.  I particularly love that there's a grass image.  I have purchased other plates entirely for grass images.  Trust me, you'll use that more than you'd think.  Please note that this plate does have a typo ("Yay Srping!" in the center column, third from the bottom).  Because there wasn't enough time to get the plate re-made before spring, this plate retails for $1.00 less than it otherwise would.


Now for my spring manis.  This one is my favorite of the three.  I just bought two of OPI's New Orleans polishes a couple of weekends ago and was itching to use them so I included them here.  I used two coats of Rich Girls & Po-Boys as the base and then sponged on a bit of Alpine Snow to represent clouds.  I used the two daffodil images from Yay Spring! and filled them with OPI I'm Sooo Swamped!, The "It" Color and China Glaze Happy Go Lucky!  If this isn't a cheerful spring mani, I don't know what is!  



You know I always love UberChic's negative space images so it shouldn't be a surprise that I'm including the negative space Easter eggs.  This one was very easy.  I used three coats of Glam Polish In Summer and stamped with Mundo de Unas Black.  Insta-eggs!  



And finally, for my final Yay Spring! design, I used KBShimmer Teal It To My Heart, Orly Vintage and KBShimmer Eyes White Open in a gradient and stamped with Mundo de Unas Bronze.  It doesn't exactly scream spring to me but the teal is definitely green-leaning and green definitely makes me think of spring.  



If you're interested in this plate, it can be found here.  And below that you can find the rest of the DD ladies' spring nails for the day.

$13.99/plate
Available at UberChic Beauty


'Til next time...



No comments: