Saturday, March 12, 2016

My Vacation Nails with pipe dream polish SCC and UberChic Beauty

Hey there!  I've mentioned a few times that I was on vacation to New Orleans a couple weeks ago so I thought it was about time that I finally showed what I wore on my nails for my trip..at least the first part of it.  I figured, since I knew I'd be wearing it for days, that it would be worth the effort of doing a water marble.  And since I also knew I'd be meeting Brittany of UberChic Beauty, of course I had to stamp with an UberChic image!



The Street Carnival Collection was pipe dream polish's follow up to ANIVC, with the same great water marbling formula.  Even though I wasn't there for Mardi Gras, New Orleans definitely seems to be a street carnival city hence I used SCC for the marble.  Unfortunately April had to discontinue them so if you can find these in a destash or anything, snatch them up!  I added a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust to lend it a bit of vacation sparkle.  



I posted this photo of Brittany and I at the Denver airport on my Instagram but, in case you don't follow me there, here is the lovely Brittany.  I look like I just crawled out of a hole (I had been awake since 1 am and was slightly delirious here) but Brittany looks great!  AND she's so darn awesome in real life.  Getting to spend time with her was a real treat!  


For the stamping image I wanted to use a negative space image because I'm always raving about UberChic's negative space.  I chose this one from UC 3-01 stamped with Mundo de Unas Black and topped with HK Girl top coat.  I'm so happy this mani lasted me a few days (until I got sick of looking at it).  



And lastly I'll end with the highlight of my trip - Preservation Hall.  I learned about Preservation Hall watching Foo Fighters' Sonic Highways (that episode is partly why I wanted to visit New Orleans in the first place).  It's a tiny room where you get to hear fantastic musicians play traditional jazz music. It was really spectacular.  And my travel companion even noticed a couple of the musicians outside in between sets and took a photo of me with them.  


'Til next time...

No comments: