Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Spring: Mud-Splattered Cars

Hey there!  For the fourth day of The Digit-al Dozen's Spring Week, I have one of the sadder parts of spring - my filthy car!  I don't know if this is true everywhere or just where I am but my car is absolutely impossible to keep clean come spring.  The melting snow, the abundance of gravel we use on our roads in the winter and my black car are natural enemies.  We don't salt our roads to melt the snow like some places do since it's generally too cold here to make a difference (though that wasn't true this year) so they're pretty much covered in sand and gravel until the noisy clean up trucks come by (usually at ungodly hours of the night).  Do I sound a bit angry?  When it comes to mud-splatter, I am!  But I guess it does mean warmer weather and I do like how my splatter nails turned out so I'll quit my complaining now.



To do these, I completely took Lackfein's idea of making a splatter decal on the Bundle Monster Lotus Mat instead of doing the messier version directly on my nails.  You can find her original blog post here.  It's a genius idea and her design is absolutely gorgeous!  


I started my painting my usual decal clear coat (Wet n Wild) on the mat as a long strip, since I know it peels off the mat easily.  Then I painted on A England Camelot, a nice and opaque black.  


For the splatter I used Cult Nails Let's Get Dirty, KBShimmer How You Dune? and L'Oreal Greycian Goddess.  Once that was dry, I peeled it up, cut it into nail sized pieces and applied them over one coat A England Camelot.  For the above photos I topped with HK Girl but for the one below I finished with Essie Matte About You.  I like the glossy version better though.  


That's all for today.  I'm even writing this a day ahead of time so I'm not super late posting again *pats myself on the back*

Now you can check out some more spring manis in the links below.  The Digit-al Dozen girls have been killin' it this week so I'm sure they'll be beautiful!

'Til next time...



No comments: