Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Re-Creations: Day 4 Hawaiian Nails

Hey there!  Today I have my fourth re-creation of a previous Digit-al Dozen mani to celebrate the group's third birthday.  The original, by Sassy Shelly, is another one of my favourite DD designs that I had bookmarked long before joining the group and knew I wanted to try for this week.  I made a few mistakes but still had to include for Re-Creation week because I loved her version so darn much!



Obviously I did change the color for my version.  I didn't have a pink glitter topper but I did have a turquoise one (Formula X Crash) so I went with blue instead.  My water marble was also a massive fail...I tried to add some black and white dots to save it but it still pales in comparison with Shelly's.  


The polishes I used for my version were Pure Ice Superstar! (it usually marbles really well), Essie Mint Candy Apple, China Glaze Capacity to See Beyond and Sally Hansen Back to Black.  I also used three toppers over the gradient on my ring finger, all matte glitters from Formula X (Crash, Wham and Blast Off).  


For the stamping I used the same image as Shelly, a small piece of Pueen SE02A.  I messed up those nails too and included black in my gradient...oops!  I fixed my mistake on my Cindy hand but cannot, for the life of me, take a decent photo of my right hand so you'll have to take my word for it.  


Check out the links below to see who inspired the other Digit-al Dozen'ers re-creations today.

'Til next time...



No comments: