Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Re-Creations: Day 3 Dry Marble Nails

Hey there!  For the third day of The Digit-al Dozen's Re-Creation week, I had to try this dry marble nail art from Dressed Up Digit's Childhood week.  The irony here is that Laurie is one of my nail stamping idols and the mani of hers that I picked to do doesn't even involve stamping!  Hers was inspired by a bowling ball so, even though I can't bowl to save my life, anytime I looked at these all I could see was bowling balls too!



As Laurie explained in her post, I did these on a plastic baggie.  I put down stripes of stripes of OPI Lost My Bikini in Molokini, KBShimmer Eyes White Open, Rica Sugar Plum Wings, China Glaze Grape Pop and Lotus Begin pretty thickly and then used a toothpick to mix them all up.  I then cut them to approximately nail size, applied them over Rica Sugar Plum Wings and finished with HK Girl.


I've only tried a dry marble like this once before and I think these ones turned out even better.  I'll definitely be trying something like this again with different colors.  Thank you Laurie, for the inspiration!  



Now let's see what other awesome previous DD mani's the other girls have done today.

'Til next time...





No comments: