Monday, July 13, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Neon: Day 1 Neon Stripes

Hey there!  Guess what....it's a new Digit-al Dozen week and I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the theme!  I love neons...like a disturbing amount.  Neons are pretty much the only polishes I frequently buy full collections of so this week was a blast for me because I got to use a whole bunch of them.  For today's post, I'm combining Neon Week with the 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge themes of Stripes and Pastels by using KBShimmer's Summer 2015 neons which are sort of pastel neons.



The only thing I don't love about neons is how I have yet to meet a camera who likes them as much as I do so be prepared for a week of me with goofy looking skin while I try to get the polish color-accurate.  It's still not fully accurate but it'll have to do.  


I started with a white base of KBShimmer Eyes White Open and then started applying the super skinny straight Nail Vinyls.  I used A LOT of vinyls for these.  I find them so much easier to use than traditional striping tape that it was worth it.


Then I used a tiny brush and a lot of time to color in the stripes with KBShimmer's 2015 Summer cremes: Rum Me The Right Way (yellow), Leggo My Mango (orange), Bahama Drama (coral and my favourite), Lei It Again (pink), Sarong Place, Sarong Time (purple), In Yacht Water (blue) and For Sail By Owner (green).  Finally, I finished with two coats of HK Girl to smooth out the ridges.


I think today's mani was my favourite of the ones I did for this week's theme.  I've never used this many pieces of tape/vinyls before so it took awhile to place them (about 45 minutes per hand) but I loved how it turned out.

Don't forget to check out the links below to see what the lovely Digit-al Dozen ladies did with the theme for today.

'Til next time...











No comments: