Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Giver Nail Art

Hey there!  While this probably looks like the messiest, most random nail art ever to some of you, I promise it has a theme.  For June's The Polished Bookworms pick, our genre was dystopian and the book that was selected was The Giver by Lois Lowry.  I had heard good things about it before I picked it up so I bought the entire quartet of books for my reader and I devoured all four.  I do love me some young adult dystopian fiction and this book was no exception.  Though, I have to say, I think just reading one book in the series would leave you feeling unsatisfied.  You sort of need all four for it to really be concluded.




In The Giver, society follows "sameness", one part of which is not being able to see color. But one boy starts off with being able to see the color red, in the red hair is a girl and an apple. That's what I wanted to depict here...the transition between seeing in shades of black and white into the wonderful world of color!


For these I used KBShimmer Eclipse as the base and then did brushstrokes with white (Eyes White Open) and grey (My Life's Porpoise). I then started adding shades of pink and red by doing reverse leadlighting with 10.1 Polish (Cherry Blast, Vampire Red) and Esmaltes da Kelly Soap Bubbles (Soft Rosa, Red, Wine). I also stamped an apple from MoYou London Princess-07 with Mundo de Unas Reddish and Avocado. 



If you've read the book (or the whole series) I'd absolutely love to hear what you think of the book and my silly nail art.

'Til next time...



No comments: