Monday, May 11, 2015

Taupe Paisley Nail Stamping

Hey there!  Unfortunately this week I wasn't able to combine the Digit-al Dozen and 52 Week Pick N Mix Challenge themes so I'm double posting today.  Hope you don't get sick and tired of me!  This week's prompts were Paisley and Taupe so I did some quick and easy paisley stamping.  I once tried to freehand a paisley pattern but never again....stamping is just able to give me much more intricate and beautiful patterns than my own two hands will ever be able to.



The base I used is the closest I have to a taupe polish, Essie Chinchilly.  I find Essie's formulas to be hit or miss sometimes but Chinchilly's is fantastic.  I used two easy coats for these.


For the stamping I used Essie Good as Gold and the paisley patterns off VL-2, a plate I bought in a group buy but if you're looking for it might still be available on AliExpress.



I'm usually drawn to super bright colors for my nails but sometimes it's nice to wear something a little more toned down so I really liked this look.

'Til next time...

No comments: