Monday, May 25, 2015

Patchwork Denim Nail Art

Hey there!  Happy Memorial Day for those of you in the US.  I hope you're enjoying your holiday.  We, in Canada, had a long weekend last week so I'm stuck at work today even though the weather is absolutely gorgeous today.  Anyways, today I have this week's instalment of the Crumpet's Nail Tart's 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge.  The themes for this week are Patchwork and Bright & Happy so I did a denim look inspired by the amazing @ka_yee_or on Instagram with bright and happy patches.  I am so happy with how these turned.  I was so sad to take them off.



The blue I used for these is the perfect denim blue, KBShimmer Stonewashed.  It's super opaque but I still used two coats.  Then I used @ka_ye_or's idea to stamp directly off an old pair of jeans with Rica Whiteout. to create the denim pattern.  On the accent nail I just taped off a section before painting and stamping and then applied a zipper water decal from Born Pretty Store.  


Then I used acrylic paint to freehand on some cheerful patches and matted everything with Essie Matte About You.



Like I said, I adored these.  And now I have a reminder of them every time I look at that old pair of jeans with a white patch on the ankle now :-)

Enjoy the rest of your day!

'Til next time...

No comments: