Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Neon Diagonal Gradient

Hey there!  It's an exciting day here in Alberta.  It's our provincial election day, possibly the most exciting election we've ever seen.  Our current governing party has been in power for longer than I've been alive so it's exciting that the polls are suggesting that that might finally change.  My good friend Brandon is even running in the election with The Alberta Party.  I've been helping him out a bit along the way and I'm so proud and impressed with the campaign that he's run that I couldn't resist doing a gradient with the colors from the party's logos to show my support for Brandon and his team.



I believe this is my first attempt at a diagonal gradient and I learned last night that it's way harder than a regular gradient for me.  I wasn't sold on how it turned out when I finished them but I'm really liking them today.


I used three of the colors from the new China Glaze Electric Nights collection, over a white base, for the gradient.  The colors are Daisy Know My Name?, Treble Maker and DJ Blue My Mind.  Then I finished with HK Girl top coat.  


I also filed my nails fairly short last night.  Tonight is my first ultimate frisbee game in 8 months and cold plastic and long nails definitely aren't best friends.  Hopefully I can avoid any catastrophic breaks for at least awhile.  


I'm sure I don't have too many readers in Alberta but, in case there are, please go exercise your democratic responsibility today. No matter who you vote for, the only way to have your voice heard is by voting.  Yay democracy!  

'Til next time...

No comments: