Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Nail Stamping over Glitter and Color4Nails Crystalline Nail Veil Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I have a little review of a new product from Color4Nails called Crystalline Nail Veil.  With the popularity of Liquid Palisades for use in nail art, but with a steep price tag of $22, I've seen a few companies come up with their own formulations to help us nail addicts with our clean up while being easier on our wallets.  I used it for this stamping I did over this Esmaltes da Kelly Soap Bubbles/FUN Lacquer 24 Karat Diamond mani.  I even tried to make a little video but you'll have to check out my Instagram profile to see how that turned out because I cannot figure out how to get it uploaded here.  I'm a bit computer-illiterate sometimes...



Crystalline Nail Veil comes in an 8 mL bottle with a fine striper brush which makes accurate application a breeze.  I thought I wouldn't love the thin brush for larger areas but it applies quite easily over larger areas if you put a bit of pressure on the brush.  It's especially nice to use right around the nails because it doesn't pool onto the nail and mess up the manicure.  I've tried costume liquid latex before and wowzers did that stuff smell.  Luckily Nail Veil is almost odourless so you don't need to worry about assaulting your nostrils!  

*Important note: Nail Veil does contain latex so if you have a latex allergy steer clear of this until the non-latex version comes out.



Before I applied Nail Veil, I did this base for my mani with 2 coats of F.U.N. Lacquer 24 Karat Diamond (a super sparkly, silver holographic glitter polish) that I then randomly applied Esmaltes Da Kelly Green and Blue Soap Bubbles over.


Below is what Crystalline Nail Veil looks like on.  You can see how it turns into a darker yellow as it dries so you know when it's good to go.  It takes about a minute or so to dry.  It is sticky so if you touch your fingers together with it on, they will stick together and pull off the Nail Veil.  But, again, it's nowhere near as sticky as I found the costume liquid latex to be.  Needless to say, I'll be tossing my original smelly, sticky bottle of liquid latex. 


And finally, I stamped with Dashica Infinity-90 with Rica Whiteout, Summer Mint and Robin's Egg Blue.  I was hoping to get more difference between the colors but I guess I gradiented them together too well when I scraped the plate.  I still loved the outcome though!  



Finally, who doesn't love a glitter macro shot?  I just can't resist them sometimes.


Like I mentioned at the start, I'm even trying my hand at video taping some of the nail art and stamping I do to make little Instagram videos so if you'd like to see Crystalline Nail Video in action, check me out on Instagram.  And please let me know what you think.  It turns out it's really hard for me to tape myself in action so kudos to those of you that rock at it!

If you're interested in Crystalline Nail Veil, it is available here on the Color4Nails website for only $6.  And I hear they're working on a non-latex version so if you do have a latex allergy, keep your eyes open on their Facebook or Instagram page for the latest news.  

'Til next time...














No comments: