Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Stamping - Plate Ending with 0

Hey there!  This week's Sunday stamping challenge prompt is "plate ending with 0".  I've been swamped this week/weekend (you'll see why tomorrow) but luckily just last week I had worn a mani that fit the theme *phew*.  I got it in my head that I really wanted a super light purple with rose gold stamping mattified.  I don't know exactly where that came from but I went out and bought Essie Lilacism just to satisfy it.  I don't question why I have so many nail polishes....I'm all about instant gratification.



You know, it's surprising how few really pale purple polishes there are out there.  Essie Lilacism is the closest one I could find in my google searching but it's still darker than I wanted.  There's some that are more pink but nothing was quite right.  Oh, the struggle....  Anyways, here is how 3 coats of Essie Lilacism looked with HK Girl top coat.


For the stamping I used Born Pretty Store's BP-20 and Essie Penny Talk.  I put HK Girl on before mattifying it so I wouldn't streak the stamping.  I'm relatively sure this is a photo before the matte top coat but I can't say for sure.  I guess I wasn't very organized that day in keeping track of what was what.


Then, to complete my vision, I mattified with Essie Matte About You.  It's an almost all Essie manicure!  



This didn't quite turn out the way I was picturing in my head.  But it was good enough that I could put the idea out of my brain, at least for the time being.

'Til next time...






No comments: