Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Fairy Tales: Day 3 Hansel and Gretel

Hey there!  Halfway through my first week of being a Digit-al Dozen member and so far, so fun!  I was iffy on today's mani because I wasn't quite sure if it put across the Hansel and Gretel vibe I was going for.  But it does feature a polish created by one of our own, Meghan of Will Paint Nails For Food's Picture Polish collaboration shade!  I had to keep this one in based on that alone.



Meghan's shade for Picture Polish is called Never Nude, a reference to the hilarious show Arrested Development.  If you haven't watched it yet, what are you waiting for?  So funny!  Never Nude has small purple and aqua glitter in a shimmery nude crelly base.  It's definitely more interesting than a plain old nude.  



For the candy and the candy house that Hansel and Gretel find in the woods, I stuck with Picture Polish and used Candy, Chillax and Mad Magenta.  I also used Zoya Flynn for the house.


This mani is a lot more cutesie than a real Hansel and Gretel mani should look.  I mean seriously, their parents were just leaving them in the woods and they find a house of candy and cake only to find that it's inhabited by an old lady who wants to fatten them up to eat them!  Have I mentioned that fairy tales are terrifying?!  



Use the links below to check out what the other DD members have put together for Day 3 of this fairy tales theme.

'Til next time...



No comments: