Monday, November 3, 2014

A England Elizabeth & Mary collection swatches

Hey there!  I hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween weekend.  If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen that I was super excited to receive my order of the entire A England Elizabeth & Mary collection.  I was so excited, in fact, that I spent my Halloween night swatching all of them so I figured I would share them right away.


I am such a fan of A England's formula that I no longer hesitate about buying any of Adina's creations.  And, as expected, this collection definitely doesn't disappoint.  Butter-y formula that applies flawlessly, beautiful finishes.  All good!  All these swatches are two coats HK Girl top coat but a few of them definitely could be one-coaters.  Photos were taken in a light box.

I'm not great with describing polishes so I think I'll just let the photos do most of the talking.  

Crown of Thistles - A bright purple scattered holo and my favourite in this collection.  I've seen this described as a purple version of Saint George and I agree.  It is perfection.





Gloriana - a bright red, almost metallic, polish with golden flakes.  This one is my second favourite and will be perfect for the holiday season.





Queen of Scots - a metallic navy blue.  This one could definitely be a one-coater.  Unfortunately my photos do not do this polish justice.  In real life it has a glow-y feel to it with the shimmer that is in it that my camera refused to pick up.





Fotheringhay Castle - a moss green scattered holo that leans olive in indoor indirect lighting (ie. my living room couch).  It has the same great finish as Crown of Thistles.  It almost has a golden glow to it.  I don't generally love green polishes (they don't cooperate with my skin tone) but I 





Virgin Queen - a scattered holo of indescribable color for me.  It's not silver, gold or bronze but sort of all three combined.  It has a lovely antique look to it.  It's metallic colors made the brushstrokes appear ever so slightly but nothing that was visible in real life.  





What do you think?  Are there any that have caught your eye?

'Til next time...
























No comments: