Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Inspired by the decade you were born

Hey there!  So thanks to the theme chosen for this week's Sunday Stamping challenge, I have to date myself.  This week's theme is "inspired by the decade you were born" and for me that's the 70's...1978 to be exact.  Since I was only 13 months old when the 70's ended I don't exactly remember them so I went with some classic 70's colours...orange, yellow and brown.  They're so tacky that I kind of love them.



I used an orange base, Picture Polish Citrus.  This is two coats plus HK Girl.  I'm not sure if I've used this one before but as if I'm not going to be using it for a Halloween mani soon.  I just don't get it's tagline of "looks as good as it tastes"...who tastes their nail polish?


For the stamping I made decals with MoYou London Back To The 70's-02 (how creative of me) and Pro -02 (pinky only) and Mundo de Unas Chocolate (#23) filled with Sally Hansen Lightening.  This is how it looked shiny, with HK Girl top coat.



Something about this 70's look called for me to mattify it so here's the final product, with Essie Matte About You.



'Til next time...









No comments: