Friday, August 15, 2014

Meteor Shower Nail Art

Hey there!  As I've mentioned approximately 1000 times, I love going to the lake.  One of the reasons I love the lake so much is the sky there.  It's huge!  Alberta (where I live) is known for having a big sky but at the lake, away from hills and all the city lights, it's particularly amazing, especially at night.  Once it gets dark you'll frequently find me down by the water just staring at the stars.  I try to plan my summer vacation around the Perseids meteor shower.  So when a stamping group I'm in had a galaxy nails prompt, I decided to do this mani as my tribute to the meteor shower.  Unfortunately this year that darn super moon was so bright that it bleached the sky and I only got to see a couple meteors.  I didn't think it was so "super"...



I started with 2 coats of KBShimmer Low and Be Bold, this wonderful cobalt blue creme.


I then gradiented it with black (A England Camelot) and added a coat of Picture Polish Altered State to complete my sky.


I added the moon from Vivid Lacquer VL017, trees from MoYou London Mother Nature -14 and meteors (which are really just lines) from MoYou London Mother Nature -08.  All of this probably would have been easier freehand but a stamping challenge calls for stamping!


I took photos in the shade and in direct sunlight.  I can't decide which ones I like more.  Above is a shade photo, below is another direct light photo.  Which do you like better?


So, while I guess I'll have to wait until next year to wish on falling stars, because of the giant moon I did manage to get a cool photo of the lake at night where it almost looks like daytime but with the Big Dipper!  Neato, eh?


'Til next time...






No comments: