Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Sunray Nail Stamping

Hey there!  So today's Sunday Stamping theme isn't sunday nails but I didn't want to title the post with what the theme is.  The theme is actually "a stamp you don't like".  My logic behind my pick wasn't because I don't like the image.  I really like this image but it's so darn hard to use.  I've tried to use it many times in the past and they were always massive fails because I'm terrible at centring it on my nail.  But I think I managed it this time...or at least I managed better than I have before!



This started with an attempt at a gradient from the middle.  I've seen some amazing ones on instagram that I can't find anymore so I don't know who came up with the idea but I have to give them props.  Mine didn't turn out anywhere near as nice as the ones I've seen.  My blending was terrible.  Apparently I have an inability to hit the same spot on my nail twice with a sponge.  Grrrr.  But hooray for stamping because the stamping covered the gradient mess.    


For the gradient I used for this were Color Club Almost Famous (yellow) and OPI My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours (orange).


The stamping image is from Winstonia W111.  Like I said it's hard to centre but it's a lot easier now that I have a squishy stamper.  It's also tough to scrape the polish off the plate since the lines go in all different directions.  Hence I don't like this image.  It's my nemesis.  These still aren't perfect and some of the lines go all wonky, especially around the edges, but I'm still pretty proud.  


What nail product do you not like?  I'm curious!

'Til next time...






No comments: