Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Positive/Negative and Pulsating Pink & Purple Nails

Hey there!  This week's Adventures in Stamping theme ended up being, not one, but TWO themes!  The choices ended up in a tie...so my indecisive brain decided to do one of each.  The themes were Pulsating Pink & Purple Nails (meaning B-R-I-G-H-T) and Positive/Negative Nails.  I like how them both so I'll show them in the order I did them.  



When I saw the Pulsating Pink/Purple theme, I went to my favourite neon collection: China Glaze's 2013 Sunsational Collection.  I usually go for the cremes but this time I decided to try a jelly gradient that I first saw on Rebecca Likes Nails.  I started with 3 coats of China Glaze Heat Index, a neon pink jelly (it's not as dark as it looks here).


I used China Glaze Are You Jelly? (a fairly opaque purple jelly) for the messy gradient and I stamped it with Lily Anna -14 with Mundo de Unas Black.  I'd say overall this suffices as "pulsating" especially because my camera didn't totally dull the colours like it usually does with neons.  



For the second theme, Positive/Negative Nails, I kind of combined both themes and stuck with the pink/purple colour combo.  I started with two coat of Orly Saturated - what a great name for this polish because this purple colour is very saturated.


I used these images from Nailz Craze NC02 because there was a positive and negative image.  The stamping polish is Mundo de Unas Mexican Pink (#15) - stained my stamped like crazy but that's a-okay with me.



So which of my two themed nails do you prefer?  I love the neons but I also like that I combined both themes in the second mani.  Decisions, decisions...  Now I must go watch Game of Thrones before bed.  That's an easy decision!

'Til next time...










No comments: