Friday, March 14, 2014

JOSS Nail Lacquer Review & Swatches

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I'm showing you some polishes of a brand you may not have heard about.  I only recently discovered them and was thrilled when Sisi from Color4Nails sent me some of their polishes to review.  This is JOSS Nail Lacquer, an Australian brand that has some seriously beautiful polishes in their repertoire.


I'm going to start with the most unique polish in the bunch.  This is In A Violet Haze.  A silver glass fleck with a pink/violet colour shift and scattered holo effect.  This is 3 coats with top coat.  In A Violet Haze is not currently in stock at Color4Nails but Sisi is looking for opinions on whether or not to bring this one in so please let me know what you think of it and I'll pass on your votes.



Next up I have 3 holographic polishes, the first of which is a rosy pink called Flamingo Dancer.  This is 2 coats, no top coat.



Sudden Impulse is a much brighter pink, almost a hot pink.  My photos are making it look more red than it did in real life.  The formula on this one was a bit thinner than the other holos but still only required 2 coats for full coverage.



The last of the 3 holos is aptly named Tantastic Glow.  The colour of this one is hard to describe.  It's somewhere between silver, beige and cool gold.  The finish of Tantastic Glow is quite metallic.  A metallic holographic!  This is 2 coats.



The final thing I wanted to show is a bit of nail art I did using In A Violet Haze and Flamingo Dancer.  I wanted to see if the colour shift of In A Violet Haze would be even more apparent when layered over black so that's what I did on my index and pinky fingers (you can see the black peeking though a little bit).  Personally I didn't find the shift that much more noticeable over black so I don't think layering it is necessary.  On the middle and ring fingers I used Flamingo Dancer as a stamping polish over black using two images from MoYou London Pro -04.


If you like In A Violet Haze, check out my Instagram.  I'll be sure to post another one of the JOSS' glass fleck duochrome polishes (In A Mermaid's Dream) that I had previously purchased but haven't posted yet.  Maybe if we ask nicely Sisi will bring this one in too!  

Be sure to follow Color4Nails to keep up to date on these and other great colours.


'Til next time...










No comments: