Friday, December 13, 2013

Candy Cane Jelly Stampwich

Hey there!  The theme of week 3 of Nail Polish Canada's Holiday Nail Art Challenge is Holiday Memories.  I went with a candy cane jelly stampwich because we always had candy canes on our Christmas tree and I still love candy canes today.  Even the old ones that get kind of chewy...



I did a jelly stampwich before for some autumn leaves nail art and I loved it so much I've bought so many jelly polishes thinking of things I can sandwich now.  For this candy cane look I used Nfu Oh JS25, a jelly that is red with three or four coats but pink when only one or two coats are used.


The candy cane image is from Winstonia W120 using Konad White.  To achieve this look, just like before, I used one coat of JS25, stamped one or two candy canes, another coat of JS25, stamped another couple of candy canes, etc.  This was repeated a total of four times.  Then one last coat of JS25 and top coat and voila!



This was a tough one to come up with for someone like me who is "creatively challenged". I would have loved to have done something skating-related because when I was younger my family would frequently go skating at an outdoor man-made lake here in Edmonton (how Canadian, eh?).  Unfortunately my nail art skills are not sufficient to paint something like that but I wanted to show a picture from skating last winter anyways.  This is me, my sister and our niece.  She was too young to skate last winter but she's taking lessons this winter...and she's only three!  She'll be skating circles around me in no time!


Have a great weekend!

'Til next time...






No comments: