Monday, November 11, 2013

Remembrance Day Nail Art

Hey there!  It's Remembrance Day here in Canada (and in all other Commonwealth countries) to so I tried some poppy nail art using acrylic paints.


In case you are unaware, poppies are a symbol of Remembrance Day inspired by the war memorial poem "In Flanders Fields" written my Canadian, John McCrae.  


I am clearly no artist but I busted out the acrylic paints to try to do something to commemorate Remembrance Day this year.  I started with a white base of CND Vinylux Cream Puff and then used red and black together on a flat brush.  Then I added yellow dots to the centers of some of the flowers and two shades of green for the grassy fields with a fine detail brush.   



Hopefully these can pass as poppies in your eyes.  I did pass them by a couple friends to get their thoughts before I decided to post them.  I didn't want to insult the important day as I am thankful that I get to live in a free country like Canada.

'Til next time...






No comments: