Monday, November 4, 2013

Glitter Rainbow Nails

Hey there!  Since yesterday was a snowy, stay indoors kind of day, I tried something I've been wanting to try for awhile.  Laura at Polish All The Nails is pretty much THE queen of glitter placement and I'm always in awe of her manicures so I wanted to try to do an (easy) version of a rainbow gradient.


I started with a black base (A England Camelot) then, starting in the middle, as Laura suggests, put a stripe of top coat down to stick the glitters to.  For my center stripe I alternated between the two colors I was putting on that nail to try to fake a gradient effect.  Then I just went to town with putting down glitters that I picked up with a wet toothpick (let's be honest here...I just licked the toothpick to get it wet enough to pick up the glitter).  



I say this is an easy version of a glitter manicure because I used these round glitters from The Born Pretty Store and they're nice and big.  Because they're round, there's no messing around trying to get the straight edges lined up like there would be if I were using hex glitter.  But I did try to cover as much of my nails in glitter as I could.  I even cut some in half, just like Laura.  After the glitter was all on, I covered with two coats of Seche Vite to make it look smooth.  The top coat made all the difference because, before it, the glitters were looking a bit rough.



So there you have it.  Seriously, if you haven't checked out Polish All The Nails, you're doing yourself a disservice.  Run and go check out all her glitter placement manicures here.

'Til next time...



No comments: