Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Spiders and Spatters

Hey there!  I have two (you heard me..two!) halloween designs I've worn in the last week.  I'll keep the talking to a minimum since I have too many pictures.



The spider one started with a base of Contrary Polish Blood Orange.  This is the first time I used this brand and I don't have anything bad to say.  Two coats and it was a lovely deep red with an orange/gold shimmer.

Contrary Polish Blood Orange

On top of that I added the spiderwebs from MoYou London's Pro Collection 03 plate using Konad black.  The spider is from Konad M28, stamped with Essie's No Place Like Chrome.  Unfortunately my spider broke his leg but I tried to replace it with a fine brush.  He turned out to be just a little gibbled.



The second manicure I want to show is my first attempt at a blood spatter pattern.  I started with white (CND Vinylux Cream Puff) and then created the spatter pattern by dipping a straw in Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red and blowing.  These are pretty popular but now that I know what a giant pain in the behind these are to clean up, I give full props to each and every one of the people who have shown them.  Even though I taped my nails, I still couldn't get all the red off my skin and cuticles!  Despite the mess, I did love how these turned out.  Next time I'll just remember to tape better.  





That's all for now.  Tonight I'm going to put on Pretty Serious Haddonfield, the perfect Halloween nail polish in my opinion so hopefully I can show you that tomorrow.  So I might not have a cool design for the big day but I will have a cool nail polish!  

'Til next time...




No comments: