Sunday, September 8, 2013

My first blog post! Peacock nails

Hello internet!

My name is Serene and I'm new here.  This is my very first blog post so please forgive me while I learn the ropes.  I've been wanting to start a nail blog for awhile to share my mild (or not-so-mild) nail polish obsession and tonight I'm doing it!  My sister titled this blog for me Copycat Claws because, while I LOVE nail polish, sometimes I lack creativity and look to social media for inspiration.  By day I'm a scientist so I'll never plagiarize.  I'll always "cite my sources".

Now to get started...for these peacock nails I started with a base of 2 coats of Picture Polish Paradise and stamped with China Glaze Passion.  The peacock feather pattern is from the MoYou Pro Collection -03 plate.  I then added dots of Pure Ice Get In Line and Zoya Never to the "eyes" of the feathers.








I have to show Paradise on its own as well.  This is a collaboration shade with Liz from Liquid Jelly.  I don't know why I held off on buying this on when it first came out.  It's described as "beautiful & lovely, a state of delight" and that's accurate.  It's not like anything else I have in my stash and it's hard to describe.  A dark teal/turquoise almost-foil texture with tiny pink and purple glitter is the best I can do.    Trust me, it's gorgeous.



I bought Paradise from Nail Polish Canada (who I LOVE).  It's available from a variety of other online retailers as well, including Harlow & Co. and Llarowe, both of whom I shop from often as well.  The stamping plate was purchased directly from MoYou.

'Til next time...





No comments: