Thursday, January 16, 2014

Broken Mirror Nail Stamping & OPI Push and Shove Swatch

Hey guys!  I have a love of metallic nail polishes, particularly silver ones (maybe) I secretly want to be a robot) so when I saw posts showing OPI's chrome polish, Push & Shove, from the Gwen Stefani collection I knew I had to have it.  I was so excited when I received my Nail Polish Canada order a couple of days ago!  And I just happened to receive my order of the new Winstonia stamping plates the same day and, of course, I couldn't leave those untried.  So here is Push & Shove with an image from Winstonia W206 that came out looking like a broken mirror to me.


First I'll start with a swatch of OPI Push and Shove even though I'm sure it's not the first you've seen. If you've read the reviews of it, you'll know it is recommended to use the special OPI Lay Down That Base base coat that comes with this polish.  You've probably also read that a polish this metallic is almost guaranteed to show every imperfection in your nails.  But I'm ballsy so I went ahead and used it without doing any special preparation to my nails (though I did use Lay Down That Base) so my swatches aren't as good as many you'll see.  This is 2 coats without top coat.  I love it so much!  It almost mirror-like.  It's similar to Layla Metal Chrome but even more metallic, in my opinion.  



For the stamping, I used Konad Black to stamp a geometric image from Winstonia W206.  Because I didn't want to ruin the finish on Push and Shove, I skipped the top coat for this manicure.  As an aside, I really like this image.  It'd be great for decals, filling in the different regions with different colors.  I'll definitely be trying that whenever I have the time to make decals.  And yes, those small blank regions that look like bad stamp transfer are actually built into the image.  The image transferred perfectly.




Push and Shove is intended for One Night Only wear meaning it's not one that's going to hold up for very long.  I did this on Tuesday night and my Wednesday night it was showing some pretty good tip wear but it wasn't too bad.  If I had to I think I could have easily worn it another day.

What do you think?  Are you willing to buy a nail polish that isn't meant to last more than a day?  I'm one of those people who actually enjoys doing my nails almost every night but obviously that's not feasible for most people.  

'Til next time...



No comments: