Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Birds on a Wire Stamping - Inspired by Messy Mansion

Hey there!  Today I want to share some almost "copycat" nails I did after seeing this picture on Messy Mansion's Instagram.  She did a cool blue-white gradient but, since I wasn't in the mood to clean up the mess I make when I gradient my nails, I sponged on some easy clouds instead.  



I started with 2 coats of KBShimmer I'd Rather Be With Blue, a matte blue with some shimmer from the Winter 2013 collection.  Here's what it looked like on it's own.


Then I took a little piece of sponge and added some clouds using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On.  I immediately said "why don't I do more clouds?!  That was so easy!"... 


Using Konad Black, I added the birds from Messy Mansion MM14.  The accent nail is stamped with a single bird image from MoYou London Pro -04.  



I got a bit too much wire on my ring finger and tried to clean it up, resulting in that ugly smudge you see.  And I didn't notice until just now that one of the birds on my middle finger looks like he's just chilling in midair.  So, yeah, there's some mistakes but I still enjoyed wearing these.


'Til next time...












No comments: